SpeedView is an advanced speedometer application that uses the phone’s built-in GPS system to show your current, maximum and average speed, as well as the direction, total distance, and time traveled. Suitable for running, car driving, biking, or hiking.
• High accuracy GPS-based speedometer that is more accurate than the one in your car.
• Linear compass Shows your current direction of travel. A compass mode is also available.
• Speed warning You can set the speed limits for three different types of roads so that when you go too fast a visual alert or sound will notify you.
• Display units Supports units such as miles, kilometers, and nautical miles.
• GPX track export Enables you to save your current track to the SD card or email it to someone. The GPX format is supported by Google Earth and many other programs: http://www.topografix.com/gpx_resources.asp
• Background mode You can minimize the program and keep it running in the background. It will work as usual and even notify you when you exceed the speed limit.
Please note that the accuracy of GPS measurements is affected by a number of factors including atmospheric conditions, obstructions and the visibility of satellites.