Official Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy S III has arrived and now you can update it to the latest Android 4.2 version without any fear of device bricking. This Jelly Bean update has been provided by popular 3rd party Samsung software distributor Sam Mobile. Hence we can’t 100 % say that it’s an official jelly bean update for galaxy S III from the manufacture, yet it’s official.
Samsung Galaxy S III needs no explanation as it’s the top sold (still selling) high end smartphone which is currently competing with iPhone’s and HTC’s latest versions. One of my client recently contacted me via this blog and asked whether any official update for S III is available on Android 4.2 . Sorry mate, unfortunately, I couldn’t get the update file then and hence I started searching on various forums like XDA, Phandroid etc and finally found it in SAMmobile.
Let me tell you one thing, this official jelly bean update file is somewhat large in size say, about 1 GB and do make sure that you completely download the file without any interruption. Even a single file missing can cause serious aftereffects unless you root your S III. On the other hand, in case you fail on the update, you can easily get back to the stock version via CWM. Hence, it’s always better to root your Galaxy S III before proceeding.
If you aren’t technically sound or don’t know how to root, don’t worry. Chill. Just download this big file with IDM and place it in a safe place for later use. It’s always recommended to backup your precious data like contacts, calender, and all other files in the device. If you attached your Google account in your phone, it will be automatically saved (If auto sync is enabled).
- Before all, make sure you have installed the phone drivers in your PC and it’s very important. For this, you can either install Samsung Kies Suit (given in the driver disc) or PDANet software.
- Enable USB Debugging via Settings>Development (Must )
- Download the official jelly bean update for S III from here. Ectract it.
- Download Odin from here
- Now enter your phone into Download Mode by pressing Vol Down+ Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Confirm it by pressing Vol Up key and you have successfully entered to Download Mode, which is ready to receive the files.
- Now open Odin and attach your phone. You will see a light (green/blue/yellow) blink there. It means your phone has detected via Odin. Never ever proceed further if you don’t see the lights.
- Make sure Re-Partition option is enabled in the Odin tool. Now click on PDA Button and locate the file ending with tar.md5
- Click start and wait it until it transfer the file to your mobile and let it reboot after complete transaction.
It was the procedure. Now swim through the latest version and make the most from it.
If the phone doesn’t reboot as usual after 5-10 minutes, try the following. Boot into recover mode by pressing Vol Up+ Home+ power and do factory reset.